Yesterday was my last free day of summer. I start work on monday. The kids were in school and I didn't have anything on the calendar. My first thought was that I should clean the house. But who wants to stay home and clean when the kids are gone and you're a free woman?!
I decided to hit a noon movie.
I am really drawn to this type of move... It was similar to my favorite, Under the Tuscan Sun.
I get so inspired by these stories.
I would LOVE to be brave enough to pack my bags and hit the road. I would love to travel and see the world. I would love to have a new start at things because I know that the sky is the limit. I want to really LIVE!
And yet I know that my kids are a priority right now. Taking off for an overseas adventure for a year looks like it won't fit in with their school schedule. And since I don't want to miss their childhood, I think I'll stay put for now.
But be aware that while I'm driving the kids to school and making my Walmart run, I'm most likely daydreaming about what the future may hold.
I have a near future plan about visiting Uganda. So we'll see what happens from there....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh food & cinema---one of the few safe movie genres for me. I have been tempted to try and catch this movie, but time eludes me. I will probably watch in on DVD in several months. I long to travel as well overseas, around the US, any day trip I can manage. I would love to hear more about your Uganda plans. I have a friend who spent a year there last year.
Thanks for your thoughts on my letter to his dad post.
Post a Comment