Just returned from visiting the in-laws, minus the husband link. nice but tough.
re-entry is usually difficult but tonight I am overwhelmed!
thrown back into reality with:
-news of kaput AC / signs of a working AC. (thanks parents and Greg!)
-unexplained water in the basement.
-laundry, laundry, laundry.
-piles of mail...... thoughtful cards that made me sad and completely ignorant letter from my father-in-law. (should have waited until tomorrow to open those)
-phone messages that I'm not ready/ wanting to return.
-rotten fruit.
-dead husband.
and I think what put me over the top....
the cat has been sleeping on the couches!! the hair is the proof. Just sickening.
While driving home tonight.... I was fantasizing about moving to a foreign country. I was thinking about my favorite movie, Under the Tuscan Sun.... and I thought about how bold it would be if I moved to another country. I had it all planned out. I'd either move now... with the kids, as long as they had an english speaking school. Or... the second that L graduated I'd pack my bags.
Consider this your fair warning.
I know that the rotten fruit would follow me to any country. And maybe the cat would too. And I know that there would be home maintenance problems in other countries too. But atleast those problems wouldn't be in the house where Thayer is supposed to be fixing things.
Sometimes I just feel like I need a new start.
Luckily... tomorrow is a new day. :-)
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i really love you sweet friend ~ thinking about you even more these days.
I am thinking of you and I get the starting fresh part, just hope I don't have to cross the ocen to see ya.
Post a Comment