Thursday, August 19, 2010

happy birthday

Today would have been Thayer's 40th birthday.
I can't predict how we would have celebrated. Not sure if I would have thrown a party for him... or if we would have done the regular cake thing with the fam.
We would have certainly teased him about getting older. :)

I wondered if they celebrate birthdays in heaven. L told me that every day would be like birthday celebration... because every day is perfect in heaven.
makes sense.
So... while Thayer was celebrating a perfect day in heaven, we celebrated in our own way.

The boys and I headed out this morning with my sisters, my bro-in-law, and my Dad. We hit the river for a tubing adventure in honor of the day.
(Thayer had always enjoyed tubing)
It was not an ideal day for tubing... (cloudy and rainy)... but we made the most of it as we enjoyed the cooler temperatures. It was D and L's first tubing experience and they had a BLAST! L says that he wants to go again tomorrow :)

This evening, my family gathered at my parent's house to share a meal in memory of Thayer. And the boys set off fireworks with my Dad.
It was a great day.
Thayer would have enjoyed this day. We miss him.

No comments: