everyone else seems to be buzzing about the new year, the past year, and the past decade. So I thought I'd jump on the wagon....
I feel like I've lived a lifetime in the past decade.
Marriage.
cat.
two kids.
5 houses.
stay at home mom.
2 jobs.
death of husband.
single mom.
and those are just the biggies.
all of that jam packed in with all of the other little stressors of life. So much can happen in just a short amount of time.
I was super encouraged by a friend this week who stopped by for a visit. Her story has always brought me hope. She is such a cool gal and I've watched from the distance as God has worked a beautiful plan for her life. In a matter of years, she endured a divorce, a move, a new job... all while being a single mother to three young boys. She remarried about a year and a half ago. And when she showed up at my door the other day.... she is pregnant!!! :-)
I'm sure that 10 years ago she never ever imagined that she would be where she is today. I am SO happy for her!
And she is proof that ALOT can happen in 10 years.
No telling what the next 10 years will look like for the boys and I.
The last 10 years have been a wild ride.
One of our favorite sayings in our house is "never say never".... because anything can happen.
So I guess we better fasten our seatbelts and hold on tight!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Never say never is a great way to keep an open mind and greet all of lifes adventures with open arms.
A saying I grew up with that had a similar message came from a childrens book with the same title, "Could Be Worse".
That story, along with surviving some of life's bigger lessons, helps my find the brighter side of most situations.
Post a Comment