Tuesday, December 02, 2014
rolling
We're adjusting back to our routine after a short Thanksgiving break. We had a super quick visit down to see Thayer's family. As I sat and visited with Granny I realized that time keeps rolling.
Granny is 92. She can't remember her last sentence but she has a good, selective, long term memory. She is always ready and willing to talk about her husband, how they met, and how handsome he was. She has a picture of her husband (probably college aged).... and yes, he was a looker. Blue eyes, just like Thayer.
Her husband has been gone for eight years. And I know she longs to be with him again. She bides her time.
As we all do in some way or another.
I've had the weight of uneasiness this week as I think about my friends who are in the midst of much heartache. Loss, death, sickness, slow recoveries, and anticipation for upcoming surgeries.
(please pray for Zack this week!)
So much going on. I have the desire to help.... or to do more.
I feel like I'm using my own village to get it all done these days. And I'm not sure what else TO do.
So I bide my time. And pray.
I hope my people know how much I care.
December is slowing filling up with activity.
After a post Halloween meltdown- when I told the kids that we would never decorate for holidays again.....
I changed my mind and we pulled out the Christmas boxes. The boys put up the tree and we decided to keep things super simple this year. We looked at all of the ornaments and I suggested that they only hang 'circular' ornaments this year. I'm pretty pleased.
I have finally got the ball rolling on my kitchen remodel! Over five years of hemming and hawing..... and I have finally taken action! I meet with the contractor tomorrow to make selections and schedule a start date. This has been a long time coming. It's truly a Christmas miracle that I'm taking this step. really.
(I may post pictures or write more about this as the project progresses.....so please just smile and nod, smile and nod).
Less then three weeks until Christmas break. Wow. The days are rolling by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment