This morning I broke up with radio Christmas music. I have had enough.
I visited my blog to re-read, or re-post, my previous thoughts on music, but upon my blog search I see that I have written about this a lot. Especially the Christmas music.
So, here's one more for the record.
I'm a fan of Christmas music at first. But this year I realize that even the old 'birth of Jesus' standbys are getting dingy and worn out. (Except for my favorite "O Holy Night".)
I am politely singing along with the radio for the most part.
The real meaning of Christmas isn't lost on me. But I feel the need for something peppier.
The secular Christmas songs have the same old feel to them.
And that feel is generally about being lonely and wanting to have someone home for Christmas.
There needs to be a song about "please just let me get a date for Christmas". seriously.
So I had the difficult talk with my radio this morning.
"This isn't working out......It's not you, It's me." Etc. etc.
The other two channels that continue to play top 40 music are seriously in cahoots with each other. No lie...... one channel plays the song, and then the next channel plays the same song. There is no joy in switching channels. It's the same crap over and over, a gazillion times each day.
I have pretty much memorized Taylor Swift's new song (which is catchy, yet twisted).... and I know to change the channel before that guy sings about naked ladies and trumpets.
My next car will have one of those nifty little jacks for an iPod. And I will learn how to download music onto some device. It will be amazing. I will listen to what I like. I will sing. I will be happy.
Well, I'm actually really happy right now. This break-up will be a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment