As you know, I am a
widow. With my grief and loss aside,
I consider myself blessed beyond belief.
My boys and I are provided for and cared for. We are blessed with water, food, shelter,
clothing, education, family and friends.
Considering all of the world’s widows, I am a minority.
Many of you know that I traveled to Uganda in February of 2011 to visit with Ugandan widows and hear their stories. I heard the struggles that the Ugandan women face to feed their families, raise their children and simply survive. I know that their cries are echoed throughout the world. My time in Uganda changed my perspective on many things. I came away wanting to make a small difference, in some way, for these Ugandan widows. I have sat by for the past sixteen months, in the comfort of my home, not sure of what an unskilled single mom could do to make a difference.
When I returned from the trip to Uganda in 2011 I
was ready to go back. I wanted to go
back to the beautiful country and spend time with the beautiful people. I was anxious to get back on African
soil. But over the past few months, God
has changed my heart, and mind, about what I should be doing. I do not believe that God wants me to
invest money in a plane ticket. I do
not believe that He wants me to plan the vacation of a lifetime for my kids… quite yet.
I do believe that God has given me a pretty nifty
idea. I would love to ask you to join
me in this venture. I would like to ask you to please join me on a Mission
UN-trip!
Instead of sending out a support letter that raises money for plane
tickets, room and board….. Consider this a support letter for each of us to
DIRECTLY SUPPORT WIDOWS in UGANDA!!
My goal is to raise $2000 that will be given directly to the Widows
United ministry of Mission Link International. (www.missionlink.org)
Mission Link is currently in need of hiring a
director of the widow’s ministry (ideally a Ugandan widow will fill this
role!) $2000 will come close to
covering a director’s salary for one year!
Mission Link is also currently working with many
widows on a piggery project. Soon there
will be about 100 piglets. At least 2/3
will be sold for meat so they can have funds to duplicate the project again. Funds will be needed to help erect shelters
for the pigs. The goal is that this
project will become a sustainable source of income for these widows.
Please join me on my Mission UN-trip by supporting
these women! I may not be traveling to
see them…. But I am thrilled to raise money that will be put to use on the
ground. We can join together and make
a difference for a few. And in turn make
a difference for a whole community.
If you catch my vision…. And want to NOT travel with me…. please make
checks payable to “Mission Link International” with ‘Widows United’ in the memo
line. All gifts are tax deductible.
Checks can be mailed to: Mission Link International, P.O. Box 38, 1677 Avon Street Ext,
Charlottesville, VA 22902. (For my
record keeping purposes, please include a little note that says, “For Jill’s
Un-trip”.)
Thank you so much for your continued love and support. The boys and I are thankful for each of
you!

5 comments:
Love this idea and passion, Jill. May your piggy bank be too heavy to carry!
Neat neat neat. I love the word 'piglets.'
I like "piggery"
Jill...are folks responding?!
Praying how God will use ME in your Un-Mission Trip! :)
Love ya Sis!
Just rec'd your THANK YOU Card!
GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!! No kidding, my heart leaped when I read what God did through your Un-Mission Trip! I couldn't wait to read it to Dennis so he could hoot with me!
I think you are on to something here, Jill...love it...and love your heart for Him and our UGirlfriends!
Webale nyo!!!!
Post a Comment