Ten minutes ago, I had a wonderful blog in my head.
I was going to write about how my boys woke up to a stocking full of goodies... and how they unwrapped their sweatshirts, and the gifts that they had given to each other.... and they were happy and content.
I was so pleased.
No one said "is this it?" and no one complained about the quantity of items. Daniel even said "thanks for the stocking stuff. This is the best year yet!"
happy sigh.
I had placed their 'big' gifts behind the blinds of our sliding glass door. I casually opened the blinds and the boys spotted their gifts. They were THRILLED to say the least. They were truly surprised. And thankful.
happy sigh.
They were showered with lots of other things by family members. And all was well.
Lucas barely felt the sting that I had intended by shorting him a gift.
He was ecstatic about the things that he received.
For the first time,ever, we skipped out on our evening family gathering at my Aunt and Uncle's house. I felt badly for missing my chance to see the extended relatives, but I think I made the best decision. We stayed home and recuperated from our eventful day. And then we managed to make it to the movies later this evening.
The best gift that I received today was listening to Lucas talk to his Uncle Thad on the phone. I heard a side of Lucas that I hadn't heard in a long time. He was talkative, expressive and interested. Thad brings out the best in my boys, very much like Thayer did.
After overhearing Lucas' conversation, I realize that I need to book our tickets to Arizona, for a visit, soon!
So.... that's the gist of what my happy blog would entail.
Until...
I explained to Lucas that I was going to take a shower and that he needed to put on his pajamas, and be ready for bed when I returned to his room.
Unfortunately.... a good 20 minutes later... he was not in his pajamas.
I proceeded to take away what he was playing with and ALL HELL broke loose.
(if he had simply put on his pjs, he could have played with that toy all night, and I wouldn't have cared. Its the fact that he completely disobeyed me that burns me up!)
Here we go again:
A perfect day, doing what he wants.
"It's time to put on your pajamas".
Screaming maniac.
Conclusion:
1.The toy that caused the problem, and his brand new Wii game have been bagged up and put in my closet. They won't see the light of day for a long time.
2. I'm thinking of getting a one way ticket for Lucas to go and see his Uncle.
3. I really miss Thayer.
So, that my friends, is the recap of our merry Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment