Saturday, December 03, 2011

music


 I had to watch the Justin Bieber/ Mariah Carey video of "All I want for Christmas is you", after several people said how disgusting it was.
And it was.
Poor Justin.   And creepy Mariah.   They are NOT what I want for Christmas.   That kid is super cute... but Mariah is old enough to be his mom. 
insert 'gag'.

  I did a Walmart run earlier today and impulsively bought the Michael Buble Christmas album.   It is smoooth.   I'm enjoying it in the background today.  His voice is 'melting'... (that's the best way that I describe him.)   And his version of Mariah's song is splendid :)

Anywho, I've listened to the album several times and I'm starting to get irritated at Christmas music again.  I'm pretty sure I've blogged about it before.   But I think I should reiterate.

Just on Michael's album alone.... I am able to hear:
"All I want for Christmas is You"
"Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
"Christmas (Baby please come home)"
"Blue Christmas"
"Cold December Night"
"I'll be Home for Christmas"

Geez.  Does every 'secular' Christmas song have to be about this kind of stuff?
I'm not depressed about these songs, as I have been in previous years.... but I guess you can say that I get disgruntled and grouchily think "yeah, my baby won't be home this Christmas.... or any Christmas for that matter.  It ain't happenin'. "

I kinda wish someone would write a song about... "Santa bring me a new man for Christmas".   I think that would be a winner :) 
And Santa, I'd like to place my order for someone a bit older than Justin.

2 comments:

Misplaced Musings said...

Put on Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby." All the glorious commercialism of the holiday, in light retro spirit, and I'm pretty sure no sappy love crap.

onlyhuman79 said...

AMEN SISTER!!! I am Sooo glad you wrote this