Well. I've never had a "boyfriend" before (besides Thayer)... so I've never had the experience of being dumped... until tonight.
I've seen it coming all month so I'm not too shocked by the ending.
Did any of you see that movie He's Just Not That Into You?
I remember watching that movie and thinking about how stupid people can be. Why would you give much thought to someone that doesn't even call you?
One of the lessons in the movie was "if he's not calling you... he's just not that into you".
I knew this fact all along... but somehow when you love someone, you hold onto the hope that maybe, just maybe, there is more to the story and that he'll actually call and everyone will live happily ever after.
But... the movie lesson IS true whether we want to admit it or not.
He didn't call... and he's not that into me.
After several days of no communication, I finally got to speak with Jared in person. The conversation lasted about an hour and reminded me in many ways of "movie break-ups".
I won't go into details... but it seemed as though he was saying "It's not you, it's me".
Ha.
Sure.
This is what I think he meant:-)
I do respect that he has his own life to deal with and that the thought of me and two children is just way too much for his plate right now.
The thought of me and two kids should be about enough to frighten any bachelor.
And that's fair. I can't expect any single man to drop everything for an instant family unless he is sure of himself. And I am very relieved to know about Jared's doubts before the relationship went any farther.
I am relieved that I know where he stands and that I don't have to sit by the phone waiting for a call.
I'll admit that there is hurt involved as well. And that it really sucks being rejected.
But honestly, after all I have been through...I'll just chalk this up to a learning experience and keep on truckin'.
I know the best that God has planned for me is still to come. Bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love you Jill and the best IS still to come. You are awesome and deserve the absolute best! His loss is another's gain!
I'm glad I got to hear your voice just now. I know this is another emotional "set back" and I'm really sorry you have to be hurt in any way. God ain't done with you yet my friend, hang in there and call any time if you need to chat.
you've been busy since our chat just a little bit ago. that was a quick post. it didn't take you long to get that in writing.
like i said, cling to & miss what is real & unwavering . . . secure! it was so sweet when you said you never had any doubts w/ thayer. that says a lot! love you girl
I'm sorry, ending of relationships are hard, but glad to hear you can keep everything in perspective.
I am so sorry, Jill.
So sorry to hear this Jill! (((Squeezes to you)))
So sorry to hear this...but I'm glad you are staying positive.
Post a Comment