Sunday, November 22, 2009

IF i had spoken at church today...

Our Thanksgiving service at church allows people to stand up and talk about what they are thankful for. The longer I waited into the service, I felt like my "thankful story" was pretty much a repeat of others... so I didn't speak. And, the fact that I am certainly not a public speaker probably hindered me as well :-)
So... IF i had spoken today... this is what I would have said:

It's been 15 months since my husband, Thayer, died. I have experienced the lowest of lows and oddly enough the highest of highs as well. I am So thankful for the tremendous love and support that folks have given us... and continue to give. I am super thankful for my family and friends. Those who have stood by us through it all. And I am most thankful for God's Grace... and the HOPE that He has given me. God has taught me lots of things this past year and I am thankful for the things he will continue to teach me in the years to come.

(wow. that kind of sounds like some kind of boxed speech... but it's what I was thinking...)

so... what would YOU have said at church today?? send me a comment :-)

3 comments:

thornpricker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misplaced Musings said...

I think you rendered us all speechless. I am thankful for the strength I see in people like you. Thankful for family. Thankful for a graduation day of Dec 18th too!

Shelley said...

I would have said I am so thankful for family and friends and God's grace, mercy and love for us in spite of ourselves - same ballpark :-)