Tuesday, November 17, 2009

enough is enough

okay. So I've decided to actually start parenting again... after a 15 month free-for-all.
I've watched all three of us barrel downhill since Thayer's death and I need to put a stop to it.
I had a good little meltdown the other night.
Jared talked me down and encouraged me (more than he knows).

So... this week...I have decided to "ground" all three of us.
Well... the kids are having lots of quiet time in their rooms and I'm confined to the house to keep watch... and work on being consistent and firm and pleasant. :)
They are supposed to be thinking about using their manners and being polite to kids and adults.
I've even designed a few "worksheets" to help them focus on how they need to behave at home and in public.
I'm not sure anything is actually being accomplished... but I am sure enjoying the quiet!! Things tend to be way more peaceful when the two of them are apart.

Today is our second day at home and I am exhausted!! Two more days of this "boot camp" and I'll be enjoying a night on the town with the ladies and some vampires. That's all the motivation I need. :-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

while reading i was shocked you grounded yourself this week and wondering if you were going to be okay by friday night. I hope the grounding works.

thornpricker said...

Good for you. Keep up the good work!

Lisa Tibbs said...

I think you need to share your "worksheets" with the rest of us who are merely treading water!!