I just finished reading My Sister's Keeper. No one told me that the book ending is entirely different than the movie ending!!!!
I was simply finishing the book out of obligation... and was totally sideswiped by the unexpected ending!! wow. I was fine and dandy one minute and then weeping uncontrollably the next. I could relate to the author's description of death and I was transported back to my feelings surrounding Thayer's death.
Kind of a bummer evening for me. But it was good to have a nice cry.
more random...
I've been meaning to blog for quite some time but I realize that it's so much easier to blog when I have heavy things weighing on my mind. And since most heavy things are sad... I've been out of material lately... because I am just so darn happy these days. :-)
I am super duper happy with J. He has been a breath of fresh air for the past few months. The kids seem to be happy with school this year and I am really enjoying my preschool mornings. So at this point, I am happy to report that life is grand :-)
But... just like the book... we all know that life will throw in some unexpected surprises. So I'm taking it all as it comes, trying to not take anything for granted.
even more randomness...
I was hanging up boy shirts today and I had a realization that I simply DO things differently than I used to do when thayer was alive. I used to be super anal about organizing shirts in their closets. I would have a section of school clothes, play clothes, long sleeve and short sleeve. That system of organization must have fallen through the cracks. I'm not sure if I decided that there were more important things to worry about after dealing with the death of a spouse... or if I just got overwhelmed with being anal while being a single mom. Either way... alot of the little things in my behavior and habits have changed. I'd like to think it's for the better.
Our closets may be a mess and my toilet may be filthy... but I'd like to think I'm more laid back than I used to be. but I dunno.
just thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like your randomness!!!
I read the book first. Of course I didn't like the movie because it was different. After I finished the book I cried for almost 2 days. I love you other randomness and I am so happy for you and J
jodi picoult's books have endings that aren't always happy and tied up with a bow, one of the reasons I love to read them, and because they are extremely thought provoking. I haven't seen the movie because i have heard is has a different ending and I just don't know if i will like it since I loved the book. glad to hear that you are still happily smitten, so exciting!
More laid back yes, and I like it!! Glad to see you so happy. You deserve it. Teach me some of that less anal thing. That would be great.
Post a Comment