so. Preschool has been in session for two days and I am really enjoying this new group of kids.
Comparative to last year, I am already functioning way better and I can't help but think this will be a much more productive year for me.
Following Thayer's death, I was pretty much a walking zombie last year. (atleast I'm pretty sure I was). I can recall showing up to work day after day, running on about 3-4 hours of sleep. I remember how embarrassed I would be when I would start to doze off during Chapel on Mondays. And how I just wouldn't have any energy for the kids. I did the best that I could at the time... but it was just a tough year.
When I do a mental comparison of this year vs. last year.... I am continually reminded that I work with an awesome group of women. They were an amazing encouragement to me throughout the year.
Elaine worked with me on a daily basis and put up with my sleepy stupor. She is always so positive and encouraging... and I know it is no accident that God placed me in her classroom. (haha... she may beg to differ... but I'm really glad I'm there ) :-)
The other women were also amazing. In addition to their supportive words and stories, they provided a meal for us every monday... for months!!! We looked forward to having dinner at our fingertips each week..... it was a HUGE blessing!!
All of these ladies continue to be a blessing to me. I feel that it is such a great opportunity to work alongside such caring and happy people. It means so much to walk into work and be greeted by smiling faces. I believe that this type of work environment is very rare... and I am continually thankful that I am surrounded by these ladies.
:0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love hearing this! Makes me smile to know that people are taking care. Of you or others, it still makes me smile! It is very rare to have a working environment that makes you look at see how blessed you are. I say some cookies are in order for them. ;)
Oh yes please cookies would be great but we are always open to any kind of food!!! We do really have much to be thankful for where we work. We are incredibly blessed to be there and we even get paid for it!!!
Jill you bring sunshine into our classroom. Love your sense of humor. Laughter is good!!!
Post a Comment