every once in a while, life throws a fork down in the road.
And you've got to choose which direction to go.
Sometimes it's really easy... just pick the road with the flashing lights and arrows from God that say "This way!! This way!!"
And other times, those light bulbs are burned out... or something... and the choice isn't as obvious.
Or...perhaps we have thrown rocks at those light bulbs... trying to extinguish the clear directive from God.
Or... maybe the choice isn't supposed to be clear. Maybe we need to linger on the side of the road for a while and wait for the bus to come.
and... Maybe it's not even a fork afterall. Maybe it's just a converging of two roads and you have to decide the best mode of transportation to get to the destination.
Whatever the case.... I wish it would be easier.
(and honestly... i don't have a clue about what I just typed. I just had to get it out there.) ;p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You don't need a fork to eat ice cream! Just grab a spoon. :)
Imagine for a moment a tarantular intersection in a large metro area, with paths, lanes and exits zig-zagging everywhere.
Now imagine... a little dirt country road. On a beautiful hillside. With a simple little fork in it. Ahh.
Just lending some perspective, ok??
You at a fork my friend?
I know there are times in my life when I get to that fork and the lights are flashing bright and are very hard to miss, but like Jonah, I go the other way cause I think it would be so much easier than the other way. But somehow, that road that was flashing with neon lights, comes through again with some bulbs burned out. If I don't take it a second time, it usually crosses my road again down the road. By then, the road I have been on is bumpy and hard to travel. But along that bumpy road, I learn so many things. So by the 3rd time those neon lights are spotted and the bulbs are almost nonexistant, I've learned more and I'm more prepared. Even though the road I was taking, was miserable, it taught me so many things to get me ready for the road God wants me on.
Does that even make sense I wonder! :)
I"m with Jennifer :)
Post a Comment