I have recently mentioned to several people that I remember last August, when I attended the first meeting of the PMT at our elementary school. They handed leather bound planners to everyone at the meeting. And I was SUPER excited because I am a calendar fanatic. For years, I carried around a pocket calendar and shunned anyone who wasn't as well planned as me. For goodness sakes.... just write it on the calendar and the plan is set. (or so I thought).
I came home from the meeting and I jumped right into transferring my plans from my home calendar to the new planner book. I wrote in plans for the entire school year.... meeting dates, church dates, ladies night dates, etc. etc.
I clearly remember showing the planner to Thayer with excitement and he said "Jill, you plan too much."
The following Saturday, Thayer died and my plans for this year changed beyond belief. I threw the planner away.
Of course I still plan for things. But usually it's just for a week or a month, max. Knowing full well that plans can change quickly. And I think I have learned to roll with the flow.
For some reason... today was a free day for me.
I woke up completely inspired to move furniture around. Not only furniture... but we switched rooms today!!
I moved into L's room, L is now sharing a room with D, and my old room is now a play/guest room.
This environmental switch-a-roo is probably a symptom of a mental breakdown or something... so I'll keep you posted :-)
so far, so good!
Saturday, June 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow that is a big change and much unlike you. I consider myself a planner, obviously not to your degree but as of late am learning that life is meant to be fluid!! Hang in there. I was thinking of you tonight when I looked up at the moon.
Oh, wow! That is a big change! I love moving furniture around, but in my apartment, there is absolutely NO room to do it!!! I hate it! I enjoy moving the stuff and seeing it in a new place. *sigh* One day we will have a house big enough for me to push and shove furniture around!!
Post a Comment