well.... close enough.
Let's see what random thoughts I can share as I wind down a day of celebration.
A friend shared a "thayer story" with me via email earlier today. She recalled a time about ten years ago when Thayer showed up at their house and was given a copy of her husband's Les Miserables book. Thayer had decided to give it to me for my birthday because I was a huge fan of the story.
My friend emailed today...just wondering about what I had thought about the "used" gift. And amazingly... I had never heard this story before!! Thayer NEVER mentioned where he got the book.... what a sneaky little punk...gifting a friend's novel!!!
The truth will always be revealed. :-) hehe
As I have been thinking about Thayer, and my birthday, over the past week, I haven't had much excitement about putting another year under my belt.
Thayer was three days shy of celebrating his 38th birthday. He will remain 37 in our eyes... and here I am getting older by the day. It is a weird feeling that he and I were always 7 years apart. And with each birthday, I am closing the gap... and will eventually surpass his age. It's just really crappy that he didn't have the chance to get old and wrinkly like the rest of us. :(
Some gals from work showed up on my doorstep this afternoon to serenade me with the "Happy Birthday" song. It was a great, fun surprise. They really made my day :-)
My family came over tonight with pizza and cake to celebrate my 30th birthday. ;)
They also showered me with Twilight gifts! -- A twilight cake, a magazine, Edward cards, and an Edward action figure!!! hahaha
yep... we are dorks. I didn't know that there were theme parties for 30 year olds ;) But we had a good time with it.
Last thought...
my birthday... and a full moon tonight. what are the chances?
10 moons ago... :(
It's tough being 30
;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You're only 30?! I'm not saying this based on looks because of course I've never actually met you so don't be offended! :) You have such wisdom and maturity, I thought you were older...
Jill, those theme parties are for..ahem.. thirteen year olds. But let's roll with it. I always wanted a theme party. Hope your day was happy and that the year to come is filled with great hope and joy.
I want a themed party. You have started a trend. 30 huh? I guess I am 29. I always think of you when I see a full moon. Love ya!!!
Though I would like to claim the 29 and counting thing, I have to admit I'm 30. Will I go past the big 3-0? Not sure I want too!!!
Your post reminded me about the Twilight Series and Bella! :) *I really need to get my books back so I can read them again!!!*
Post a Comment