well... summer isn't officially here. But today was my first full day of summer vacation!!!
I'm out of preschool until the fall... and I am super excited!!
To start the summer off right, I have successfully disconnected the cable from our tv. And there is no chance of my genius kids fixing it this time. The cord has been relocated at a secret location-Grandma's house.
So far, the game system is still in tact... but it could disappear any day without warning.
Being the genius, that I am NOT, I realized that the cable ran through my dvd player... and by removing that particular cord, I have also disabled our option to watch dvds.
But, being creative, as I am.... I realized that we are able to watch movies on my laptop! yay!
D and I sat up late tonight and watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua.
(which, btw, has a great soundtrack!)
Poor L had thrown a bit of a tantrum moments before the movie started and had to go to bed early. He pouted in his room for quite a while. And then he came out of his room crying...and said :
"Why do I get all of the bad luck?... when I get all of the lucky pennies?"
I was really tickled by that statement :-)
but then I shared with him that it's not about luck.... it's about his behavior and the consequences. It looked as though he understood me... he crawled back in bed and said "your a mean mom".
haha.
I'm racking up points for consistency here! I'm proud of myself
:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Keep up the good work!! He'll know you mean it next time, too. It's a tough love move, but worth it.
Post a Comment