alrighty. So the "no TV" has been going splendidly. The boys seem much happier and they are actually using their imaginations again!!
L has dressed up as batman for several days now. And they have played in our kiddie pool for the past few days as well.
I am SO glad for warm weather and outdoor play.
The boys are still allowed short time periods on the computer. They have been watching educational videos on United Streaming.
I had a perfect system set up where they could only use the computer when I had the power strip turned on.
Otherwise, they were baffled at why that machine wouldn't work! haha.
Unfortunately, one of my sneaky kids managed to spy on me one day and learn about my little secret.
As of today, I have password protected the computer. Now, when they turn on the computer.... the user name "Ask Mom First" comes on the screen and asks for the password. (clever name, eh?)
I had a great moment of pause when I changed the user name from "Thayer" to "Ask Mom First". It felt so final as I deleted Thayer's name and replaced it with something "modern". But it had to be done. Thayer is obviously not using that computer anymore and I really need our surroundings to be relevant to our current lives.
So... another small step of "moving on" has taken place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
very clever...I like your thinking!
Post a Comment