Sunday, May 31, 2009

good day, good friends

Today was one of those days that was filled with delightful unexpected surprises.

We ran into friends on the parkway and spent the afternoon hanging out beside a "swimming hole" at Otter Creek. D and L spent alot of time playing in the creek while I enjoyed some great conversation with friends.
We also had an unexpected visit this morning (before we left town) which led to an evening visit, with some other friends, on our way home from the Parkway.

I'll spare all of the details of the day. Just know that things came together beautifully in totally unexpected ways.
It was truly a God thing that I was blessed to be able to share time with all of these wonderful people today.

As I reflect upon my company today... I realize that these individuals have helped me, emotionally, more than they will ever know.

Two of them... originally Thayer's friends... have been an encouragement to me over the months. I love our times together because I know how much Thayer loved them.
oh! and I think they are great too!!

The other... a blast from my past... had just reconnected with me before Thayer died. Our friendship picked up where we left off and she has continued to encourage me amazingly over the past months. I've had the priviledge to hang out with her family... and they are adorable.

These special friends have all made a conscious effort to 'pursue' me. They have gone out of their way to schedule in some "Jill time" and I am SO thankful!
Thank you so much for your time and your conversation!!

I need to take some lessons from these people! I could certainly be more intentional at encouraging and pursuing my friends...
something to work on this summer :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill -

You just made me cry! THANK YOU, D and L for spending time with US!!! We loved having you all here. It was so relaxing to just sit and chat while the boys picked cherries and rode the John Deere Gator (tell D and L that the battery is charged and ready to go again - ha!)
Thanks for allowing me to be back in your life! I have guilt about all the years that I did not keep in touch and that I did not see Thayer before his accident. I know that God reconnected us the week before Thayer's death for a reason. I am blessed to know you and your boys!!! Thanks for the mom to mom advice too!
Have a great week. I'll be in touch soon so we can plan a trip to the safari park... the camels give such great kisses - ha!
Love ya - SMc