Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Extremes

It’s amazing how well our wood stove heats up this house.
Yesterday morning we woke up to a chilly 61 degrees inside. Granted, it was about 34 outside, I know.
T got the wood stove up and running last night and we woke to a toasty 73 degrees and even have a window cracked now. It often seems like we go from one extreme to the next. I figure that we’ll get things regulated as the weather continues to cool down. I’m just thankful that we’ll have the free heat this winter. I’d hate to think about our electric bill if we had to solely use our baseboard heaters.

Thinking of extremes. My lovely hubby is going to an extreme today and traveling to meet his buddy, Norb, in Kentucky.
(T recently got his motorcycle license).
Norbert decided to let T use his motorcycle during the months of the year that it’s too cold to ride near Chicago, where Norbert lives. Meaning, T could ride now and most of the spring… until it warms up in the north.
And, it just so happened that Norbert would be traveling for business this week to Kentucky. So these two planned to meet up and swap the bike. T will bring it home in his truck.
This happened to all come about this week, but ya never know what these guys are thinking…
I suppose it’s a lot better than T buying his own bike. So I’m trying to bite my tongue and smile.

L and I are going on a field trip today to the pumpkin farm. Last Friday, the farm was extremely muddy so our trip was postponed until today. We are looking forward to the corn maze, the hay bale maze and picking a pumpkin.

I’m glad that it’s Wednesday.

No comments: