I think that our cat is human. Or atleast very similar to a dog.
He has always been an odd sort of cat. Very interactive and involved in our family.
In his young days he would retrieve cat toys and bring them back, like a dog playing catch.
This morning, I was especially amused as Mr. Q (that's his name) sat in the empty chair at breakfast, in an upright sitting position, and just watched us eat. He had a very thoughtful look, similar to an older gentlemen who may be sitting with his family. he would look at each of us as we talked and even follow the food with his eyes as we ate.
I made sure that his food dish was full and that he had plenty of water. So obviously he wasn't hungry. He just felt like joining us for breakfast.
This is a new thing for him and I admit it's a little peculiar.
It's always interesting to see what he does next.
Currently he lives at our house but makes frequent visits to our neighbors... who also have a bowl of cat food available to him. Some afternoons, he'll nap at their house and then decide to come home and use the litter box. What a brat.
We've been pretty lucky to have such a dog like cat. All the attributes of a dog but not all the hassle.
I love cats.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment