Tuesday, July 11, 2006

sly guy

Little L is somehow learning that being cute often lets one “off the hook”. I’m not sure how this has come about because his lovey-doveyness has always been appreciated but I didn’t think it let him get away with much. He’s a little rascal just like the older one and I try not to let his mushiness change how things go down around the house.

The boys had a rough afternoon with fighting, irritating each other, and me. I was giving a pre-lecture of what was expected as we visited the Taco Bell play place. After I stated my first expectation, L slyly says, “I love you mom”.
As if that were going to stop the lecture and we were all going to have a group hug?!?! Hmmm… what is he expecting here?
I did stop briefly for a giggle (to myself) and returned my love for him but then continued to talk about our evening.

Is it true that the cute kids always get the breaks?
When I taught preschool, those were the kids that annoyed me the most! I had an assistant teacher who drooled all over the cutsie kids and let them get away with murder. It really annoyed me and it encouraged me to give all of my attention to the ones that lacked some of that social pizzazz. I think it’s the cutsie ones that we should be looking out for! They seem to have something else up their sleeves.
Perhaps I am glad to have boys that don’t really fall under the “cutsie” meter. Usually the little girls are guilty of being so cute that they can do no wrong. As for my boys… They’ll have to live in the real world where people have to take responsibility for their actions.
I have no idea where I am going with these thoughts.
Just random wonderment of how this weird world works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a HOOT! I had to give my J a lecture yesterday morning about how he and B had it made. They are so spoiled etc. He continued to whine and complain so I threw his "special snack" for camp in the trash! Hopefully he'll learn from that! You sure were up late last night too!