Thursday, July 27, 2006

blog fog

For several days I have thought about blogging but nothing really comes to mind that I can write about.
I’m really not sure what we have been doing lately. The days are passing without many stories to relate.
Whenever I sit to blog... everything seems foggy in my head. So...

Some miscellaneous things:

The kids and I were able to go and visit our friends earlier this week. T had to fly out of town for work so our visit was extended for an extra day. It’s always nice to see regina and boys. Getting the four boys together is usually quite an experience.

The boys and I also started doing a “letter of the day” in order to refresh D’s mind for kindergarten and in hopes of preparing L for preschool. I’ve got flashcards that we post on a magnetic board and then we hang a picture that accompanies the letter and we spell the word with alphabet magnets. So far so good. We are currently on the letter F… but I couldn’t find any of our “F” magnets (they must be under the fridge)… so we couldn’t spell a word with magnets… bummer. I think I have plenty of Gs for tomorrow.
It’s interesting to see how many words we can come up with each day. We try to think of words while we are eating or playing with sidewalk chalk. D seems to be on a roll with it but L forgets things amazingly fast. Typical for a 3 year old, I guess.

My sis and husband will be packing a moving truck this weekend and I am planning to go down and help. It will be a nice little break from the mommy thing. I’ll leave the kids here with their dad.

Off to bed-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun, educational idea! Tell sis and hubby "hi"---wish we could help them move. The boxes she got for us last year when we moved were AWESOME...