The first of June has always felt like an official start to summer for me. I can remember back in elementary school… when June arrived we anxiously started counting the days until summer break. And my birthday always fell into the excitement of it all. Now that I’m grown the birthday and school excitement is a bit subdued but I still LOVE the summer feeling that accompanies the lingering smell of sunscreen and the sunkist feel of being outside for a bit too long.
Ahhh… the lazy days of summer have arrived!!
Today was our first official water day. Those of you who know me, know that I am a sucker for “water play days” for my kids. It’s kind of a big to-do around here. I am keeping it simple this year. Today our neighbor (whom I now affectionately call “the daughter I never had”) came over and I hooked up the water slide. The kids had a blast!
On a completely unrelated side note: My mom has been in the hospital for a few days now. She is suffering from Bacterial Meningitis!! Isn’t that horrible?! I think it can easily be a life-threatening thing but it sounds like they caught it early enough. They are pumping her full of antibiotics and they hope she’ll be home by the weekend with her own personal IV to administer the medicine.
Please pray for a quick recovery for her.
I’m counting the days to our family beach trip and I hope that she has recovered fully by then. (about three more weeks!)
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment