Tuesday, February 28, 2006

our babies

I made an appointment today for D. He's got to have an "appointment" to register for Kindergarten... doesn't that sound professional? I'm pretty excited about it. We go in on April 4th. I had to drive by the school today just to find out what door we will enter. (I am such a dork, I know.)
D is already excited about the elementary school and L is even more excited about going to preschool while D is at Kindergarten. I hope they realize we still have many more months!
I just can't believe how the time has flown and by next fall I'll be carting both of my babies off to schools where they will be on their own to make decisions and be little people. Sure hope that I've instilled enough common sense for them to make it out in that big world. It has been neat to see how they interact with other kids in social settings and I know that school will be great for them.
I'm looking forward to it. Not to mention that I won't have to pay for childcare at the gym! haha!

As I am thinking about my children today, I am also praying for a new baby at our church and his family. Jack was born about a week ago and he is having heart surgery today. I am especially praying for his mom and dad. I just can't imagine sending my new baby into an operating room and praying that the doctors can fix a heart that is the size of a walnut. I'm sure that they feel so helpless and isolated. (Jack has several heart defects and he will need three surgeries to correct them all.)
So, I'm praying that his little heart and mind can withstand the surgery and that his own mother can be excited about sending him to kindergarten in a few years.
whew. what a tough day for them!! I'm confident that God will work many blessings through, and around, this family... whatever the outcome will be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really think I have a comment for ya...I just wanted you to know that I've been keeping posted on you through your blog! I like it...just don't know how you have time to do it!

Our boys are growing so fast! I can't believe it either! I'll be praying for little jack. Reg

Anonymous said...

We will keep little Jack and his family in our prayers, as well.

Kelli said...

what school! Oh my I can't believe it!