Trying to come up with something to blog and realizing that I have a wealth of information that could be considered funny by a few…
First of all: Sunday started off well and the kids were really well behaved at church. We headed to a new place for lunch.
(Our weekly trip to Jersey Mikes has been put on hold for a while… we need a break).
We went to a local grill place that has yummy burgers, went in and got a seat, and picked out what we wanted to eat. The waitress came over and got our drink orders. I splurged and ordered a nice big Dr. Pepper. The drinks came and we were ready to order, except we had forgotten to ask the kids if they wanted grilled cheese or a burger.
We attempted to get the kids attention and they were both off in their own worlds and being very disrespectful to all adults involved. Somehow, L was offended and pushed his cup across the table in a quick attempt at a temper tantrum. Before I realized what was happening my huge wonderful cup of Dr. Pepper had been knocked by his cup and the entire contents (I’m guessing 20 oz) was all down the front of my shirt, soaked through my jean skirt and making puddles in my new high heels!
AHHH!!! I stood in anger and disgust, probably followed by a few choice words and T ordered us out of the building while he paid the bill. I have to admit it was a pretty humiliating experience. I don’t think I’ve ever been that drenched in public and I don’t think that my kids have caused that kind of scene in quite a while. And! I didn’t get to drink that Soda! Ugh!
Needless to say, we headed home and sent the kids to nap… without lunch. Luckily, they are cute when they sleep.
Secondly: T has been making that room in the basement. I have been amused at all of the little things that have put a kink in his plan.
(But I give him a lot of credit for all of the work that he’s doing!! It will be a super area when it’s done).
We’ve had two fairly weird pipe explosions. One in which a 2x4 fell and broke the main water line. (I giggle just thinking about it). Since these little mishaps have occurred, we’ve had two evenings, briefly without water.
My obsessive need to bathe my kids was put on hold for several days. I finally gave them a bath this morning before school. (I think it had been 4 days!! That’s the longest either of them have EVER been without a bath…eek)
Guess that’s it to report for now. We’ve got weird stuff like this happening a lot lately. I wonder what God is trying to teach us. I’ve certainly been working on ‘being flexible’.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! No wonder you haven't blogged anything recently. Broken water mains is a little distracting. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
glad to see your back...a little over whelmed maybe but back :) Hope T can get those things fixed. That's so frustrating.
You crack me up. Yes, those little annoyances that make us want to scream at the time but make us giggle afterwards are what life is made up of...Now if I can just remember what you're learning so I don't have to go through it myself... :-) Flexible is good!
Post a Comment