The new job..... is at a funeral home! Like I said.... entirely new for me. It's been two weeks of part time work and I am very hopeful. I come home at the end of the day feeling h a p p y! I am learning a lot and I hope that I'll be able to settle in as time progresses. The folks there have been super patient with me, and I am so thankful for their willingness to show me the ropes. I'm not too sure of my schedule.... so I often joke about whether the boss will ask me to return for another day. I'm set to show-up two more days this week, so I consider that a good sign.
This is a HUGE change in pace for me and I'm slowly adjusting to the new surroundings.
I was telling a friend that I still feel like a person at the end of the day..... not a tired, grouchy minion. Since I'm not covered in sweat and milkshake splatter at the end of a shift, I'm able to run errands or do things after work. Dressing in normal clothes is a welcome change, although a bit stressful as I piece together a wardrobe that will pass as funeral attire.
All in all, I'm feeling like a productive person again! I'm excited to learn, to contribute, and to become a part of a new team.

No comments:
Post a Comment