Thursday, February 11, 2016

now turn north

The boys are home early from school today.  Lucas is grounded from TV this week... and he has rediscovered the outdoors.   Both boys are in the woods this afternoon,building some kind of fort.
31 degrees outside and I just sat for my first cup of hot chocolate of the year.
I'm all caught up on Netflix and I'm reluctant to start something else that will consume my time and motivation.

I've had the desire for 'new' lately.   Somehow I want to be more intentional with how I spend my time.
Interesting how a month of being a hermit, followed by a month of slow transition to liking people again, has catapulted me into stepping out of my box.

This verse has been encouraging to me this month... reminding me that it's probably time to make some changes.... spiritually, physically, emotionally.

First of all.... I have committed to doing yoga every day.   This has been a game changer in how I sleep and how I feel each day.    I've raved about yoga in the past... but haven't been consistent in my daily practice.      (If only could motivate myself to start walking again.  That would be rich.)

Secondly... I'm jumping on board a 'singles' group at a local church.   My cousin turned me on to the idea,and I decided to run with it.   This is huge for me.... because I'm actually having to talk to new people.  If you know me, you know I typically don't want to meet new people.  Remember?  I have too many friends already. haha.    
It should be interesting to actually meet single people my age.   Though I get a strong sense that the stereotypes about middle aged single people are true.   (yikes.  where do I fit in?!)

On the home front I'm trying to be more intentional with my boys as well.    We have now started cooking dinner together each night.  (well.... when we eat at home)
 We also have a weekly cleaning schedule that's pretty habitual now.  
There is so much that I want the boys to perfect before they live on their own.    I'm in full training mode these days.
Next on my "training" list will be taking Daniel out to drive.    Unbelievable.

I feel a big transition for our family over the next few years.   Time really does fly.   I'm waiting anxiously in the wings hoping that God will illuminate our paths.

No comments: