Earlier this week I finished up a series on Netflix. And I haven't picked up anything new. Lucas had been grounded from screens this week, which in turn kinda grounded me from screens too. I had to be more intentional with what was filling his time and I couldn't sit down and ignore things around me.
So here I am, a week later, and nothing is calling me from Netflix.
I realize that some people are giving up certain habits or vices for the season of Lent. And although I've always scoffed at such an idea, I think I'd like to challenge myself on the area of Netflix. Not necessarily for Lent... but just to see if I can reclaim a portion of my life that has been consumed with binge watching TV this winter.
The weather is bitterly cold this week so I have found myself piddling around the house. Or just standing in various rooms. It's been odd.
Today we did our normal cleaning, laundry, and some baking--- and once that was done..... I stood in the kitchen..... and then decided I actually had time to mop. Not only the kitchen... but the bathrooms and hardwood as well. (gasp!)
And after that I had no other choice than to sit here and type.
I really need a hobby, or a date. (and NO... I don't need another pet, or to learn how to knit).
One downside to this free time.... I'm checking my FB notifications way too often.
Upside... I'm reading my Bible more.
Oh!! And would you believe that the boys and I played a board game the other night?!
I hope this is just the beginning. We'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment