Tuesday, February 10, 2015

poor little bunny

I was out of service for two days with a nasty stomach bug.
The kids hid out in the basement while they were home.  
Thankfully, my Dad took them to ride bikes and out for dinner.... but then they retreated back to the basement.

It's amazing how they didn't check on me, or offer to help their sick mom.
At all.

When they happened to come out of their cave to go to the bathroom or get a snack, I would ask them to refill my cup or feed the cats... which they begrudgingly did.
Once I was back on my feet and ventured through the house I saw that the dishes were piled on the counter and things just thrown about.
I cleaned up, scooped the cat litter and did laundry.
I'm wondering what would happen if I were REALLY sick for a length of time?
 Or.... if I were to die in my bed... how long would it take my kids to notice?

Am I preparing them to be good husbands?
Don't get me wrong.  My boys are good at many things.  And can be helpful when asked.
But as far as initiative.... they lack it.
And their compassion...
 mirrors mine.

oh yeah
It looks like we all have some things to work on!

No comments: