Sunday, May 11, 2014
mother's day
Seriously. Please tell me that I'm not the only person on the planet that had a rough Mother's Day.
A quick glance at Facebook and it appears that everyone was spewing love and roses... enjoying lovely afternoons with their perfect, thoughtful, children...while reminiscing about their births, and taking gorgeous family photos.
My mother's day consisted of my children bumming money off of their grandmother to buy candy... for themselves.
Not one of my own children wished me a happy mother's day.
Parts of my day made me flustered and sweaty. In other moments, my kids ignored me, disobeyed me... and disrespected our friends.
I... or my son... broke my phone.
Happy Mother's Day.
It's not that I expected anything different on this particular day. But I think way down, deep inside of me, I kinda hoped that today would be a fun filled family day. Kinda like the ones depicted on Facebook.
(and I realize that I hate to look at Facebook on holidays... because pretty much everyone ticks me off)
With that off of my chest, I have to admit that there were good parts of the day.
Singing at church.
Singing in my car.
Sharing a meal with my mother.
Having a campfire (thanks Lyn).
Hanging with my single mom friends.
Enjoying the company of my Sunday night crew.
Watching a funny movie.
My friends are my life savers. They let me vent, they encourage me, and they love my little family in spite of our dysfunction. I am thankful for my friends who have made me, and my boys, a priority. These folks are helping to keep me afloat.
At the end of the day... even today... I am immensely thankful.
p.s. My kids went to bed happy. And tomorrow is always a new day :)
Labels:
boys,
friends,
lifegroup,
Mother's Day,
Sunday night crew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment