
A Slugs and Bugs Christmas.
I LOVE this CD!
I pre-ordered two copies specifically to give as gifts. (And I've ordered a copy for us as well). We received the 'gift' copies yesterday and I couldn't resist claiming one as my own.
I wasn't sure if my 8 and 10 year old would be interested (because several years have past since they first enjoyed the original Slugs and Bugs)... but they were totally captivated with this new release!
I am so excited!
No other Christmas CD can transiton so easily from traditional Christmas carols to complete and utter nonsense!
'It came upon a Midnight Clear' is so naturally followed by a Hot Dog Promo and a song about cooking mice.
I'm just all smiles from ear to ear!
I'm especially excited about 'The Camel Song'...which everybody loves... and 'Jesus Loves Me' with amazing new lyrics.
Randall Goodgame does an amazing job at pointing children straight to the heart of Jesus. And for that I am thankful.
But, I am also thankful for the genius of the the track arrangement! The first half of the CD is upbeat, dance worthy and exciting. And as the album progresses it becomes more mellow... until the kids are asleep on the couch. SERIOUSLY! Tonight, Lucas was initially doing some form of the river dance. He was INTO it. But by track 13 he was nestled on the couch with me... and Daniel put himself to bed! By the end of the 'Camel Song Conversation' Lucas was asleep!
A MAZ ING.
A wonderful arrangement of wonderful songs. wonderful artists. wonderful musicians.
Oh. Did I mention that Andrew Peterson is involved as well? And his kids? ;)
nice.
You must buy this CD for your kids! (unless your kid is named Tanner or John Austin... cause they are the lucky giftees) ;)

3 comments:
yes maam!
Jill, Thanks for posting this. I went to the Rabbit Room and purchased our copy this AM via download so I could take it when I taught my preschool class at chruch today. Love it---T loves the Lego reference in the 1st track! It is so nice to have a kid friendly Christmas songs that AREN'T Jingle Bells or Rudolph-plus I like them to boot. Haven't figured out the Christmas relevance of the Hot Dog and Ketchup songs though. :) Lyn
Thanks so much, Jill!
Post a Comment