As many of you can see... I've gained alot of weight over the last few months. I've decided that enough is enough.
I certainly don't have the willpower to make drastic changes, and stick to them, so I've decided to challenge myself in very small ways.
Starting this week, I have cut out the sodas.
The crazy thing is... I don't keep sodas at my house. I tend to be a social drinker. (ha)
It all started when I would indulge on a Dr. Pepper when I was "out". And since I'm "out" quite alot, I tend to drink alot of soda.
This week, I have limited my liquid intake to WATER, and water only.
Interesting enough, I have not suffered the headaches that others report after stopping caffeine cold turkey.
But I have been so tired by the end of the day.
One night this week, I managed to get myself and the kids in bed, and asleep, by 6:30pm. It was an amazingly long night and we caught up on some much needed rest.
The downside to that was the fact that L woke at 8:30pm and was wandering through the house. When I questioned him, he asked me if it was morning or night. That poor kid thought it was 8:30am. :)
Tonight, I'm struggling to stay up and post this simple blog. Did caffeine really keep me running these past few months?? We'll see how I adapt over the next few weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Its a hard thing to do. I'm proud of you, girl! I am totally addicted to coffee.
if you get super sleepy and it isn't time to sleep, drink some more water, it helps!
Maybe one day I will give it up. It helps if you stop associating with those that partake of the beverage. It is hard to resisist with Coleman forcing it on you. I will understand if we can't hang out anymore.
Post a Comment