I received a great card in the mail this week. It reads:
Good moms let their kids lick the beaters.....
Great moms turn the mixer off first.
I must have laughed outload for several minutes. I think it is hill-ar-i-ous.
But when I shared the message with my kids, my mom, and my sisters.... they didn't seem to "get it".
I'm thankful for my twisted sense of humor :-)
As well as receiving that funny card from my friend Sandra, I also received several other cards in the mail this week. I was especially touched to receive an encouraging card from a highschool classmate who faithfully keeps up with my journey.
Today, I was surprised when another friend left flowers on my doorstep in honor of the day.
I am continually amazed when I am reminded of how many people keep me in their thoughts and prayers.
And I SO need those prayers:)
(My friend, Lisa, witnessed one of my "freak out" moments as a mom. It was rather embarrasing and I feel like I don't live up to the praise that people penned in the cards this week.)
Anywho. back to mom's day....
The mother's day festivities began earlier this week when my sisters and I took our mom out for dinner. Following a mother/daugher dinner... it seems like nothing says "i love you" more than a trip to the dollar store and a drive through the car wash.
fun times.
:-)
This morning, the boys shared some gifts with me. (thanks to mom and dad for helping with those!) and we went to church (which was depressing for several reasons),and we had lunch with my family.
Mom and I took a walk on the local trail and visited the city cemetery (to see the roses)
It was a beatiful day!
While thinking about mother's day... I realized that I am very thankful for my own mother and I am thankful that God has allowed me to be the mother of those two crazy kids. It's quite a blessing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:) I think the card is HILARIOUS!! I'm still laughing :) I'm glad you had a good mother's day.
:) I think the card is HILARIOUS!! I'm still laughing :) I'm glad you had a good mother's day.
Post a Comment