We had a terrific time at the lake today with family. The kids fell asleep on the way home... which led to a really late bedtime. We watched the Incredibles AND L pulled out a tooth.
I was thrilled about the tooth coming out but I was not thrilled with the fact that both boys weren't settling down for bedtime....at 10:20pm!!!! ugh.
So... I had to make the call. I dialed numbers... and this is what my kids heard me say over the phone....
"Hey! how are ya?! This is Jill from (our address)....
YES!! I am so happy that L lost his tooth! isn't that great news?!...
I was wondering if you could hold off on your visit until a night when L is resting like he is supposed to....
yep, maybe tomorrow?...
okay. thanks! I'll let you know...
okay, bye.
D came out of their room like a flash to question my phone conversation. I emphasized that he heard correctly... that the tooth fairy wasn't going to come until another night. He was astonished....and quickly returned to his room to confirm the details to L.
I am all smiles. I crack myself up when I mess with my kids like this.
just another topic for them to talk about with their therapists.
;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You are such a fun mom!
Ha! We do the same thing with our kids! Like when they ever loose a tooth when we are away, we tell them they have to wait til we get home because the tooth fairy doesn't know where we are. Of course, my 10 yr old just looks at us like we have lost the rest of our minds! He's a nonbeliever.
It's so much fun to mess with kids! Highlight to my day! :)
At least you called! :) Our tooth fairy has been late several times! Plus, ours gives random amounts of money (coins, not dollars!) so you never know what you will get! Ours leaves notes when she finds out they have gotten up before it's light outside and she hasn't arrived.
good to know the tooth fairy has an answering service, i need to remember that.
our tooth fairy leaves microscopic notes bc she's so tiny...I love it, Matthew on the otherhand thinks I'm a crazy liar, he barely participates, only nodding his head when the kids tell him stories.
the other day at the mall while we've been here in Atlanta, Santa was walking around in a red t shirt and jeans, reminding all the children to be good! It was awesome! I'm so thankful for that moment! LOL
I love it! Keep up these great tips so I can put them to use with K!
Love it Jill. . .
Post a Comment