Monday, August 31, 2009

breathe

I have recently bought the Taylor Swift CD. Amazingly, the whole CD is pretty singable and I have enjoyed singing in my new ride.
One song in particular quickly sets me to thinking about Thayer. I think it's written about a "break-up" but I find that it's pretty suitable in my situation as well.

Check out the Lyrics to "Breathe" here.

or watch...




okay. so... this song summarizes how I'm feeling right now. Sure... I never wanted him to go... he was all I had known for almost 11 years, and this past year could somewhat be compared to a "break-up". "never simple, never easy".
It's been hard to "breathe" but I HAVE to.
and by golly... I WANT to breathe again.

So... here's the deal. First let me say that I, in no way, want to belittle the wonderful impact that Thayer had on our lives. And I don't want anyone to be offended as I continue on with my life. But the fact is... that I NEED to continue on with my life.
Trying to put this tactfully...
I have had recent developments in my social life that have made me downright giddy....
and as I continue with my grief... AND experience a new happiness... I'm just not sure what kind of turn this blog will take.
I know that there is no guarantee that my new "giddiness" will last but I am enjoying it nonetheless. And I would still like you guys to follow me and pray for me through my new adventures....
I'll keep you posted thru better and worse....as always. :-)

I'm just trying to catch my breath.

8 comments:

Misplaced Musings said...

You will always, always have Thayer in your heart. But he would WANT you to move on. I would want Joe to move on if he were in your situation. What is the good of spending the rest of your life alone, for someone who is never coming back?

Unknown said...

Giddiness is so fun.
Please continue to write.

Kelli said...

wow! that song is great :) And in someways it's him singing to you too :) I think it's great to be giddy....I'm giddy for you, looking forward to hearing more! ;P Jill you really deserve it, it's Thayer's way of reminding you he loves you and doesn't want you to be alone.

hugs!

Anonymous said...

You go, you have right to be "giddy". You have been an inspiration to me. I wish I had your strength and faith. I will most definetly continue to flow you blog.

Adrienne said...

I just recently bought that CD too. It's a pretty interesting CD and after 6 hrs in the car have gotten tired of it. :P But the songs do make you THINK. "Love Song" is one of my boys favorites.

And keep writing. I love reading your blog! Life in general is "Never simple Never easy". But if you hold your breath, you will never see the joys that life has to offer. Keep breathing my friend! :)

Jennifer said...

I've always admired your passion for life and think that's what others love about you, too. Even in your darkest moments, you see the life you are living not the darkness. If you read back through your blog, it's all about your LIFE in the midst of different seasons. If it's time for a new season... open the windows and enjoy it!

thornpricker said...

Jill,
I am so happy to see you smile and know that you are smiling a little on the inside now too. Just take it all in. Breathe it all in.. Just don't forget to exhale.

P.S.
I'm giddy too and I'm not even involved.

Sabrina

Hema said...

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to hear more when you are ready to share. :-)