D is supposed to dress up as his favorite “fairy tale character” tomorrow at school. Some of the examples were: the three little pigs, little red riding hood, puss in boots, knights and dragons, etc.
D has chosen to be a pirate. I thought that was pretty original.
He also designed his own costume! He found a bandana for his head, a striped t-shirt, a pirate sword and a belt. He worked hard yesterday at constructing a paper eye patch.
(Today we went to Wal-mart and got some felt and material to make a more sturdy patch.)
I was particularly proud of him for designing this costume under his own initiative. We had known about the costume day for several weeks and I was personally dreading the reality that I would have to create some great costume to impress the class. Boy, was I relieved when D did it all on his own! What a cool kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment