What a shame. All the stores are decked out for Christmas. Santa is already at the mall!! (Shouldn’t he still be making toys or something?)
I decided it was time to pack away the Halloween decorations today. Ha!
There is a guy on our road that has the most elaborate light display. People come from all around to check out his yard. It IS really impressive and I’m anxious to see the yard in it’s completion. He’s been working wildly all day, every day, adding to the array. This guy uses a bucket truck to put light displays high in the treetops and all over the place. I’ve seen the additions as I go to work each night. It’s amazing how much work he puts into it every year. It’s basically a drive through yard… except that you can park and walk around. I hear that he has different themed rooms for visitors to walk through and that people are welcome to walk the entire yard and check out the different displays. We drove through last year but I think we’ll stop for a closer look this year.
Each year, I think that Christmas has become more and more commercialized. But, I’m already getting sucked into it all. I am ready to buy a Christmas flag for our mailbox and start getting the decorations out… before Thanksgiving!!! (I can remember when no one decorated until the weekend after Thanksgiving.) Geez.
And- can anyone explain why some businesses already have the inflatable snowmen out front??? It’s not even winter yet!!! And I certainly don’t predict snow in our immediate future. Christmas is already rushed this year… why rush winter as well? Weird.
Happy Holidays :)
Side Note: L is completely potty trained. It’s SO easy to wait until they are ready. I never imagined that it could be accomplished without any hassles!!
And, D is behaving better at school. What a relief. I hope that he keeps the good behavior!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
C'mas music has been on the cable music channel since Nov.1st!!! THat was a little early, i'm starting to already listen to it now. I love this time of year.
You can have some of our snow if it helps you get in the spirit! This morning we woke up to white on the ground and in the air. It's our second snow, but the first that has stuck. Yippee! :-)
oops! I didn't mean to be anonymous. It's from me, Kit. (Who else lives in the snowy north?)
Post a Comment