I think we're ready.... but our preparations haven't taken the normal course this year. Wait for it.
Early in the season, I made the proclamation that we would keep things super simple this year.
Simple decor:
Greg and Lucas put up the Christmas tree. I bypassed the inflatables again this year, just because. And I had majorly downsized my Christmas decor last year.... so decorating was a breeze.
Simple gifting:
Our household agreed to purchase simple gifts for each other. A few of us created Wish Lists on Amazon. Earlier this week, packages started arriving and we realized that they are all addressed to ME..... since we all order through my Amazon Prime account. (It hadn't occurred to any of us to change the addressee name on the orders. haha) So..... no one can open the packages for fear that we will ruin our Christmas surprises.
My idea: Wrap all of the packages, no name tags. On Christmas morning.... we'll pass them out and have an epic unboxing party. Every gift will have a surprise inside. lol
Simple fails:
Yesterday, early morning.... THIS happened.
I think I blame the cat. (May I remind everyone that Greg wanted the cat. )
Ornaments shattered, stand broken with no hope of repair. We decided to clean up the wreckage and call it a day. We'll shop for a replacement when things are on clearance.
Ornaments shattered, stand broken with no hope of repair. We decided to clean up the wreckage and call it a day. We'll shop for a replacement when things are on clearance.
Simple solutions:
Behold! Our Amazon packages are wrapped with care and displayed under our Christmas lamp.
I'm certain this will be an unforgettable Christmas!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that everyone has a blessed time making new memories this season.





1 comment:
This is so cool.
Merry Christmas, Love Norma Turns
Post a Comment