Wednesday, June 08, 2016

39

My 39th birthday just occurred.    It was a lovely day at the lake that was prefaced with a night of camping and a close call with a raccoon.  (or perhaps a Sasquatch.  We'll never know for sure).
My boyfriend (that sounds so weird to say or write) treated me to gifts and an ice cream cake.   My family joined us for the cake at our traditional "cake and card" party.  
Prior to my actual birthday I have shared several "birthday dinners" with friends.... and the celebration will continue with a joint birthday pool party, a lunch with friends, and a trip to visit more friends!
I'd already call this week a success.
By far, the best part of birthday celebrations are the time that I get to spend with family and friends. Thanks to everyone for making me feel special.

The boyfriend gave me a devotional book that I started reading today.   Interestingly the first day is titled "Hope Does Not Disappoint".  
Indeed.  
Hope has been my theme for years.
When hope is anchored in circumstances we will be disappointed.   But when hope is based in the reality of God's love, we will not be disappointed.
I feel like I have clung to God's promises and hung tight to the hope He gives.  
Through my times in the pit and even currently... while I'm sailing high.... I still want to ground myself in God's love and continue to hope for the future.  

It's been fun thinking about the future these days.  I'm slowing starting to see a new chapter being written in my book.  
Still anxious to see what God has in store.

Here's hoping for a great year ahead!


1 comment:

michelle said...



Christian Louboutin Loafers which is Roll out and be dressed to kill any day of the week in "Rolling Spikes"This studded loafer has become an everyday favorite for the fashionista on the go. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
Christian Louboutin Loafers Black Leather Pendant Men
Christian Louboutin Loafers Black Suede Pendant Men
Christian Louboutin Loafers Blue Denim Black Spiker Pendant Men