I've had several rough evenings with my boys and church was a welcome relief today. The worship songs seemed especially sweet this morning as I had a dear friend on my heart.
One song in particular stood out as my prayer for her today. "Peace" by Brian Morykon. Based on Mark 6:42-52
As the day went on I kept singing the song, and praying for my friend, when I realized that God was also talking to me!
After these rough days with my boys, I finally had a little temper tantrum last night directed at God and Thayer. I cried out to Thayer.... as if he's listening :)... that HE is supposed to be here to help with these kids. I never imagined dealing with pre-teen attitudes on my own. I was weepy and upset with Thayer. How dare he leave me here with these kids?! What am *I* supposed to do with these kids? I'll never manage on my own!
And today..... God said "Whoa!.... Have you forgotten where we've been? You're not alone in this! I have provided for you from the start. Remember all that you've been blessed with? This road that we have journeyed together? All of the support that you have?
How quickly you have forgotten!"
Just like the disciples in Mark 6! Those guys had just witnessed a miracle as Jesus fed thousands of people with a tiny amount of fish and bread. They went out in their boat and it got a little windy. Jesus went out to them.... walking on the water... and they were terrified, thinking he was a ghost. Jesus calmed the wind and they were "completely amazed".
They had totally missed what had just happened with the fish and bread because 'their hearts were hardened".
Really? How can we, like the disciples, keep missing the miracles?! And why does Jesus need to show himself over and over and over before we see the blessings that He showers on us?
I want to make a point to remember the blessings I have been given. I want the peace that God gives when we acknowledge the fact that HE is in control.
The waves are under Him.
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a wonderful reminder of something that we all seem to forget over and over and over again.
I can't imagine raising pre-teen boys (and I would rather not), but from everything I have seen and heard and witnessed you are truly doing amazing things with them.
Hang in there and hold on to the promises.
PS: Can you take mine when he gets to age 12? I mean, you will be a pro at it, so why not spread your awesomeness to my kid?! ;)
Post a Comment