Lucas set up our Christmas tree yesterday. Then he, Daniel and a neighbor kid decorated it. It was done in a flash, and I didn't lift a finger.
I can recall the same thing happened last year.
And there begins a new holiday tradition. :)
I picked through the three remaining plastic tubs that contain our Christmas 'decorations'. And I was reminded that 'yes', I had cleaned out the clutter of Christmas knick knacks sometime after Thayer died. Christmas changed for me that year. And I became a minimalist.
I can remember years past... when I would have to remove pictures and items from rooms, in order to put out all of the Christmas 'stuff'. This year I put a candle in the kitchen, a reindeer by the fireplace, a few other items.... and I was done.
That was easy.
I think, somehow, we have fewer items than last year.
I was surprised, early on, to discover a new Christmas shower curtain that Sabrina gave me last year. I dig it. It doesn't collect dust or clutter things up. So I was thrilled to have reason to clean my bathroom and hang it.
All of that to say... Christmas has arrived at our house.
It's not showy. But I like it.
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment