Spring Break started off with a blast. literally.
On the way to a much anticipated field trip to the NC Zoo.... it all began with what I thought was car-sickness. My rush to the bus bathroom was humbling and gross.
Turns out that the sickness was a stomach bug that lasted the entire day at the zoo and throughout friday night. I was b e a t.
I stayed in bed yesterday until 5pm. It was a do-nothing day of recovery. The kids took care of themselves and also took care of me in the process.
I received lunch in bed-- I asked for peanut butter toast and I received PB toast AND an egg sandwich. :-)
They love to cook...
Thankfully, I am much better today! And we enjoyed a full day on our friends' farm. Potluck, Easter egg hunt, lots of socializing, lots of play. good times :)
Upon our return home tonight, I noticed that a house manned by children for a day leaves a bit of chaos. I was hell bent on getting things in order, tonight, before our official 'break' starts tomorrow. We cleaned up a bit and emptied out more things from the basement.
(The washing machine flood required me to rip out the carpet... and has turned into a basement remodeling project. The contractor is coming tomorrow to tear out everything else and get things dried out before starting fresh. This is a big deal... but I'm excited to finally have some home improvement projects in the mix.)
We've got a fun week planned. Looking forward to spending time with family and friends!!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
glad you are feeling better and glad you have spring break to recover---enjoy :)
Post a Comment