Saturday, April 23, 2011

oh! It's Easter!

Somehow with everyone else talking about Easter, I managed to forget that it was Easter.

It just occured to me that I have not pulled out any of the little Easter decorations that usually sit around the house in April. Luckily I remembered to hang my Easter flag on the mailbox tonight. whew, just in time! hah.

I started shopping earlier in the month for items to fill the Easter baskets.   I purchased gummies, a Nerds Rope and Big League Chew for each boy.  
And today.... I realized that is ALL I have purchased.  oops.

I also have on-hand a really neat Animal book that Lucas has been drooling over.  (Amazon delivered just in time.)

So... what to do for Easter baskets??      My genius pulled through, once again.

I filled Easter eggs with clues that will  lead the kids around the house in search of their Easter surprise.  But here's the genius in it all:

The first clue that they will find says: 
"When you are dressed in your sunday best,
mom has the clue that will help you find the rest."

Sha-zaam!!  A sure-fire way to get Lucas to wear nice clothes to church!!  :o)  
Sometimes I'm just so darn proud of myself....

I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Growing up the Easter bunny used to hide my basket. It was tons of fun! But you are SUPER smart for getting them dressed!! Go you!! :)