As many of you have heard, I will be traveling to Uganda with a group from Mission Link International early next year. I am super excited about this adventure and I'm curious to find out how God is going to work in and around me.
Even though this is a 'mission trip'... I'm technically not sure what my 'mission' will be.
The trip is a medical/evangelism/construction trip.
When another team member asked if I had a medical background... my reply was, "No, I'm a widow".
ha. Can I claim that as a skill?
I'm supposing that I can be the cute one who passes out pills or something :)
But no worries. I have been informed that I'll have PLENTY to do.
I'm hoping to get a feel for the Ugandan widows and catch onto the vision of Widows United.
I seriously wouldn't say that I have been "called" to do this. Because that term sounds so churchy :p
But I know that I have an amazing confidence in my decision to go. Something SO out of my box... yet I have complete peace and excitement about heading across the world. I can only accredit God for the anticipation that I feel. I feel that He has arranged this and planned for this all along...
(weird, and sad to think about, i know.)
Two years ago.. I would have never in a million years thought I'd be planning such a trip. Or even have such a desire.
This is just another step along my journey and I'm anxious to see what's next.
I had a revelation the other day. My sister didn't seem too impressed but I'll share it anyway :)
I remembered that there are several songs that have become my prayer over the last few years. They have stuck with me... and I have prayed for God to open my eyes to something bigger than myself.
It occurred to me that this Uganda trip might be one of his answers!
Guess we should be careful what we pray for :)
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have such a heart for others. I am excited for you and glad you have peace and excitement about this trip. :)
Post a Comment