Friday, December 15, 2006

december

(Okay, I couldn’t post the other day... I’ll cram everything together because this stupid machine is flaking out again…and so am I.
It may be several more days before I can muster up the patience to do this again.)

This month seems to be flying by almost as fast as November did.
I enjoyed a trip to L’burg with the boys on 1st and 2nd. I was able to do some scrapbooking AND attend a ladies night. It was a nice break from routine.

I’ve been working 20 hours each week… and sticking to my guns about my departure time at 11:30pm. The other employees have generally been leaving around 2am. One night they stayed till 4am!! Can you imagine!?!?!
Even my 20 hours seems to be a lot this year. Christmas shoppers are SO needy. Ugh.

I have not shopped very much at all this year. I can remember the rush and panic of other years as I attempted to get gifts for everyone under the sun. But this year, I am keeping it simple. I have purchased a few gifts for us, and a few polyanna gifts for our family And I’ll do a few little teacher gifts. It’s been such a nice year. Not that I don’t enjoy giving to everyone… we just don’t have the money or time to go “all out” this year. And it has made things a lot less stressful.
I’m learning new ways each year to make things go smoother.

T and the boys went out to cut a Christmas tree this past weekend. They picked a great little tree that fits perfectly in our little living room. AND they decorated it while I was at work on Saturday night. I missed the process of decorating with the kids but I’ve got to be honest that it sure was nice that I didn’t have to fool with all of that. T was hard at work this weekend picking up the slack from my over-busyness.

I was busy with important things this past weekend:-)
I was privileged to be able to go and help out with the triplets on Friday night and Saturday. I had a great time!! M and C are terrific parents and I really like to brag about how organized they are. C is SO super organized that things seem to be running very smoothly around their house. The boys are on a great schedule which makes things very predictable and relaxed. The babies are perfect and they are such a joy to hang out with. I’m looking forward to going again in January.

And finally…
I got my hair cut on tuesday. I was intending to get a trim because I couldn’t stand the length anymore. But after I had heard several people, over a course of days, mention “Locks of Love”… I agreed to chop it all off and let someone else use it. It’s shorter then I’ve ever worn it, but I really like the light feel of it. It feels so refreshing to have perky-ish hair. Especially since there’s not much else that is “perky” on me.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

okay Tuesday must have been haircut day! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the shorter-hair club. Send me a picture if you can!!!